NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: The God, the Devil and the NetBSD.

Hello,
my name is Christophe, I am not a believer. I live in France.

You are free to make a fork of BSD software. Make one by yourself, change the
logo, keep it up-to-date, and change the license or whatever else you say. Then
see if it gets a strong support from the community, and with the help of [your]
god, of course.

'cause the things that matter in opensource are not god-given, but human-given:
followers, users, developers...

Christophe

PS: don't forget also that there is some humor in BSD's daemon, it's not the
symbol of people who deliberately choose to work with and for the Devil. It's
more of a joke by people who are not afraid of a picture. They're not
idolatrous.