Re: cannot see ssid from hostapd

On Thu, Aug 22, 2024 at 11:51:21AM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:

> I am trying to set up hostapd on a recent-ish -current machine.

After a bit of fiddling about this turned out to be a really dumb but
unexpected error.

I needed to ifconfig up the interface being used by hostapd, once I did
this the ssid was visible on my android device and the android device
would associate.  I didn't expect I had to up the interface but that is
what made it work for me. duh.

--
Brett Lymn
--