Re: Upgrade of current pkgsrc fails due to gtk3 on 10.99

Hi Greg,

Greg Troxel wrote:
gtk3 is buggy.  It tries to link against installed libs during the
build, instead of only the libs being built.

I did
   pkg_delete -f gtk3+
and then it builds fine.

Actually fixing this is harder; you'll have to find where gtk3+'s build
manages to have /usr/pkg/lib in the search path first.  This sort of
thing is gradually getting better, but it's hard.  And, people that only
pbulk don't hit it, so the set of motivated people is smaller.  However,
it will probably only take one person who is both motivated and has a
round tuit to fix this.

thanks for the tip... didn't thought of it, I was seeking for existing broken libraries, while the broken library was gtk3 itself.

I too did pkg_delete -f gtk3+, then manually make_replace fails, because it is not installed. I used make_install and then:

sudo pkg_admin set automatic=YES gtk3+-3.24.41nb2

I suppose that should be equivalent to make_replace of a dependency package.

Now... let's restart pkg_rr and see where it goes!

Riccardo