Re: new BIND in 10.0_RC5/sparc dies w/Bus error

John D. Baker wrote:
> Sure enough, 'named' wasn't running.  Checking the logs found
> that some options in "named.conf" were no-longer available.
>[...]
> Has anyone else seen anything similar with the new BIND in -current
> and since pulled up to 10.0_RC5?

I noticed the same, both for RC5 and-current.  It's "dnssec-enable
yes;" in line 13 of the distributed /etc/named.conf (in the "options"
section).  This option was already deprecated before but has been
finally put to rest in the most recent BIND update.  (It still worked
with the 10.0_RC4 "named".)

In /var/log/messages I could see the initial named startup, the
complaint about the option, and the service stop for this reason.

Deleting the line and a "/etc/rc.d/named restart" (or just "start")
worked nicely for me.

					Martin Neitzel