Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 19:29:25 +0100 (CET)
From: Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost>
To: wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost
Cc: jperkin%mnx.io@localhost, tech-pkg%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: rust problem when building firefox

>> > Is this a bug in rust?
>>
>> It might be missing some initialisation in the NetBSD implementation of
>> Rust.  It's panicking in this function:
>>
>>   https://doc.rust-lang.org/src/std/sys/unix/thread.rs.html#835-914
>>
>> There's some OS-specific code for other BSDs.  Does NetBSD also need to do
>> something specific here?
>
> Does he@ know? :)

he@ is regrettably blissfully ignorant about this issue.

Can someone please describe how our stack guard page is placed
etc, e.g. in the same terms as in the comments for the other
BSDs, I'll take a look at getting something suitable in,
initially as a patch, but I'll also take care of upstreaming it
if we can demonstrate that it works properly.

Regards,

- Håvard

----- End forwarded message -----