Re: updating kernel AND modules

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> The NetBSD guide does not talk about kernel modules at all in the
> updating section
> (https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-kernel.html,
> http://netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html)
>
> What is the current best-practice method for that?

My update method is INSTALL-NetBSD from etcmanage, which:

  [first you build.sh release)]
  installs a new kernel

  unpacks all the sets which are not etc and xetc, which includes the
  module set

  puts etc and xetc in /usr/netbsd-etc and merges that to etc, not
  relevant to your question

basically the kernel is the combination of /netbsd and modules, and you
need to update both at once.