Re: Call for testing: certctl, postinstall, TLS trust anchors

On Sun 08 Oct 2023 at 16:04:20 +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, S/MIME is only ever seriously deployed within a
> single organization at a time (or a closed set of partnering
> organizations).  So I don't expect anything about it to seriously work
> out of the box and I have no idea what public CAs do about it.

mail/mutt supports S/MIME signing at least out of its box, but by
default it uses its own management program `smime_keys` to manage the
keys, stored in ~/.smime. That's the closest I know of.

Sometimes I receive a mail signed with S/MIME from some mailing list but
I don't think that mutt ever told me that the signature matched (due to
the certificates not being set up).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose