Re: ERROR: No valid Python version

On Thu, 31 Aug 2023 at 14:14, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>

> > ---
> > ===> Building binary package for libxslt-1.1.38nb1
> > => Creating binary package /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/libxslt-1.1.38nb1.tgz
> > ===> Installing binary package of libxslt-1.1.38nb1
> > pkg_add: A different version of libxslt-1.1.38nb1 is already
> > installed: libxslt-1.1.38
> > pkg_add: 1 package addition failed
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > The test run of 'pkg_chk -uq' has identified libxslt as a target for
> > upgrade, but it is for some reason missing from the final list of
> > installed packages as found by it, so it tries to install it instead
> > of replace.
> >
> > This is done after 'pkgin ar', 'pkg_admin rebuild-tree', 'pkg_admin
> > rebuild' and the above. I was running 'pkg_rolling-replace -suv' at
> > the time.
>
> You snipped too much log; presumably it was replacing something else.

Yes, it was replacing cmake at the time, which eventually needed libxslt.

> I don't know what's going on, and would suggest turning  on set -x and
> tracing the logs to see.

My assumption on duty in these occasions is always that the problem is
with my local tree and with the occasional messing I do with it; I try
to avoid bothering the list with these and to find a solution myself;
I mentioned the issue as I have had it a few times before. One reason
might be that I started using  'pkg_rr -suv'  recently, before I used
to use ' -uvk', which, albeit not safe, at least goes through the
whole process without intervention and usually does the job (but I
understand why it shouldn't be used). I'll try to trace it.

Chavdar

--
----