Re: What to do about "WARNING: negative runtime; monotonic clock has gone backwards"

Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

[snip]

> Can you try the attached patch on a dom0 and see if you still observe
> drift?

I had a little time to mess with trying 10.99.6 on the DOM0..  I applied
your patch to 10.99.6 and built a XEN3_DOM0 kernel (XEN3_DOM0 + bigger
IFQ_MAXLEN).  The result was, while the kernel booted up, when a 32 bit
9.x PVH+PVSHIM guest performed its ifconfig against a xennet interface,
the DOM0 rebooted.  No DDB, no obvious panic message,...  just a hang
for a bit and a reboot.  I also observed the DOM0 appear to hang up hard
before the guest started while poking at other stuff.  I don't know if
the patch caused the trouble, or if 10.99.6 has trouble for me in a
general sense (or if I am not allowed any more to make IFQ_MAXLEN larger
than the default).  I won't have time to mess with this again for a
while, but the results were not encouraging.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org