Re: Why can't a WireGuard interface route packets to itself?

> AFAICT the important fact is that the route to 114.23.164.222 has lo0 in the
> Interface column meaning (according to the manual page) that lo0 will be
> used to reach that IP address. In your case, wg0 will be used, which means
> the packet will be transmitted over WireGuard to the remote end. This
> doesn't do what you want.

Is it even possible to do that in NetBSD? I've been toying around with
route(8) for a while, and all my attempts to coax it into inserting a
route to an interface in a different subnet than the gateway's so far
have failed.

> I expect that you will need to dig deeper into WireGuard. It's quite
> possible that this is a bug in WireGuard. Or you might just have something
> misconfigured. I don't know anything about WireGuard and only a little bit
> about PPPoE.

Oh, I probably should have shared my config to begin with, my bad- here
goes:

#!/bin/sh
ifconfig wg0 create 10.0.0.1/8
wgconfig wg0 set private-key /etc/wg/wg0.key
wgconfig wg0 set listen-port <port>

wgconfig wg0 add peer <hostname> <key> --allowed-ips=10.0.0.2/32
[...]

ifconfig wg0 up