Re: Regression in -current

Well, it turned out to be PEBKAC, I was at some stage thinking to
change the displayed font and the corresponding option was set in
GENERIC.local. For some reason this worked on the desktop system and
on the virtual machines I tested it on, but failed when ran on this
laptop. The issue with the USB stick not showing also turned out to be
connected to the stick in use - it works fine with a 8GB Sony stick,
but fails on a no-name one (which, again. works OK on the desktop
system).

It might be mildly interesting that when I use the "bad" stick to boot
and it is not found to continue the installation, some perhaps timing
issue gets me to the first trace, after about a minute or so, when I
am trying to figure out the disk spec to continue the boot:
breakpoint() at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5
vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x173
panic() at netbsd:panic+0x3c
heartbeat() at netbsd:heartbeat+0x1ec
hardclock() at netbsd:hardclock+0x8b
Xresume_lapic_ltimer() at netbsd:Xresume_lapic_ltimer+0x1e
--- interrupt ---
x86_mwait() at netbsd:x86_mwait+0xd
acpicpu_cstate_idle() at netbsd:acpicpu_cstate_idle+0x19a
idle_loop() at netbsd:idle_loop+0x14c
cpu_hatch() at netbsd:cpu_hatch+0x180
and in some occasions to the second one, I don't know
panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "addr >= 1 && addr <= 127" failed:
file "...../src/sys/dev/usb/xhci.c", line 2948 addr 0
cpu3: begin traceback...
vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x173
kern_assert() at netbsd:kern_assert+0x4b
xhci_new_device() at netbsd:xhci_new_device+0x705
uhub_explore() at netbsd:uhub_explore+0x4bd
usb_discover() at netbsd:usb_discover+0x4f
usb_event_thread() at netbsd:usb_event_thread+0x46
cpu3: End traceback...
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rp 0xffffffff80235425 cs 0x8 rflags 0x202 cr2 0
ilevel 0 rsp 0xffffd48446026de0
curlwp 0xffff812f10282500 pid 0.218 lowest kstack 0xffffd484460222c0
breakpoint() at netbsd:breakpoint+0x5

But otherwise there is no problem with any regression, as far as this
hardware is concerned.

Chavdar

--
----