Regression in -current

Hi,

Among others, I have an HP Envy 17 laptop with Intel 530 graphics, as
well as NVidia GeForce 980M. I have been running NetBSD-current on it
since I bought it seven years ago, without much trouble. nouveau0 was
recognized, but never worked, Intel graphics used to work just fine
with accelerated OpenGL etc., dri2 was fine, mode-switching and font
select the requisite .efi file to do it.

The last kernel I am able to boot on it is from the 12th of July;
subsequent ones hard-reset immediately after the boot menu. I was able
to boot the old kernel initially, and, thinking that it is a problem
with the latest updates to the nouveau driver and I am perhaps missing
the right firmware files, I added 'userconf=disable nouveau*' to
/boot.cfg. This didn't make any difference - the system resets
immediately - but if now I select the kernel which used to boot OK,
after the initial kernel messages, upon the mode switch, the screen
gets corrupted - as if it is zoomed out four times and then repeated
close to the top of the screen. Since then, I am unable to boot NetBSD
on it (I will repair it using a usb stick later). On top of that, the
system has a second monitor conected via HDMI, which worked fine
before, still left as a mirror to the original screen. After the above
attempt the HDMI port appeared completely out of order and stopped
working under Windows 11 and Linux... I had to reset the laptop to the
point of disconnecting the battery, after which the HDMI port started
to work again.

Any ideas as to what may have caused this?

Chavdar

--
----