Re: cpu temperature readings

    Date:        Wed, 28 Jun 2023 23:46:24 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        RVP <rvp%SDF.ORG@localhost>

  | You can set a lower "critical-max" property on the CPU temps. in
  | /etc/envsys.conf to make powerd trigger a shutdown at a lower temperature.
  | Say, 75C?

Yex, I know, but at the minute I am not trusting the temperature readings,
and shutting down because of some bogus temperature value seems like the
wrong thing to be doing.

The BIOS has "thermal throttling" enabled - which if I understand what
that means, suggests that if things are getting too hot, the processors
should simply slow down to avoid overheating.

kre