Re: Mounting NetBSD partition on voidlinux

Hi,

On 21.06.23 14:20, Sagar Acharya wrote:
Also, linux doesn't have fsck_ffs and debian had support for ufs in ufsutils a long time ago.

I highly recommend that for such cases you have a small standalone source which can be built for correcting such errors which can perhaps have disklabel, fsck_ffs, etc. A user can use it locally!
Thanking you
Sagar Acharya
https://humaaraartha.in

For serious repair attempts I would always use the USB installation media of the appropriate NetBSD version as mentioned by Martin. This will first boot into the installer (sysinst), but you can exit it via "Utilities menu" -> "Run /bin/sh". Then you are in a shell and can access the whole toolbox to analyze and clarify the situation.

I would proceed like this (assumption: GPT partition layout):

1) gpt show <device name>

...to see if the partition table is still intact, if I got the right device and which partitions are present.

Example: gpt show wd0

2) dkctl <device name> listwedges

...to list the wedges assigned to the partitions (system internal mapping of parts of a logical disk)

example: dkctl wd0 listwedges

3) fsck_ffs -f <wedge device node>

...forced fsck

Example: fsck_ffs -f /dev/rdk3