Re: specfs/spec_vnops.c diagnostic assertion panic

Turns out that I was misled by cvs diff ... I did that on the kernel
after the previous crash, just to verify that nothing unexpected had
happened, but forgot that that diffs the checked out version against
the version it was checked out from.   When I saw no diffs from
specfs_vnode.c I jumped to the conclusion that it had been updated
to 1.213 by by earlier update (I use a script, which has the
ability to use -A, though I didn't knowingly cause that to happen).

I should have actually checked the file, and now have.   The currently
running kernel has 1.212 of that file, the dk.c "move the unlocks" patch,
(plus Michael's TSC calibration patch, and mine to allow opens of wd
drives with no sectors, just the 'd' partition).   Apart from those
it is HEAD as of an hour or two ago.   No problems booting (which doesn't
really mean a lot, but I will keep running this one - and/or the same
thing with PCIDUMP enabled to check the effect of Michael's patch), until
something newer is needed.

However, since we now know the issue we have been looking at does involve
the raw devices, not the block ones, I'm not sure what is the point of
reverting that specfs_vnode.c patch, which only affects the block device
open.  If that is needed, we might as well keep it, right?  It shouldn't
affect current testing either way.

kre