Re: specfs/spec_vnops.c diagnostic assertion panic

    Date:        Fri, 12 Aug 2022 16:40:13 +0000
    From:        Taylor R Campbell <campbell+netbsd-current-users%mumble.net@localhost>

  | This is extremely unlikely.  You might try removing the assertion that
  | it tripped on, KASSERT(!sd->sd_opened), so that it has the opportunity
  | to trip on the new assertion with more diagnostic information in it
  | instead.

Yes, that was my first thought as well, but that assertion had never
fired before, and didn't with a fairly similar kernel without your
patch installed, so it seems kind of likely (to me anyway) that something
in the patch was causing (or at least revealing) that !sc_opened assertion
failure.

But I will try your latest version, and accompanying patch, first, and
see what happens with that - certainly it didn't take as long to occur
as I was fearing, first boot and it failed.

kre