Re: FYI: new X server in -current, among other X things

On Mon, 2022-07-18 at 21:23 -0400, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> On Mon, 2022-07-18 at 07:17 +1000, matthew green wrote:
> > > can you post the whole Xorg.0.log somewhere?  most of
> > > my i915 systems have become non-functional the last few
> > > years, but i have one system to test.
> >
> > unfortunately, my system (kaby lake, GT 630) seems to work
> > fine with xorg-server 21.1.4 for me.
>
> This seems isolated to the modesetting driver. If I use intel instead,
> then there are no issues. I've opened PR xsrc/56934 to track this.

With mrg@'s commit to fix this[1], I can now start an X session without
issue with the modesetting driver, and things generally work. I do see
what seems like a separate, much more minor regression where rendering
is incomplete (this doesn't occur with the intel driver, only
modesetting), e.g., the mouse pointer gets garbled when I move it
between windows. No idea where the trouble would be here.

Anyway, thanks to rjs@ and mrg@ for fixing this!

Regards,

Dave

1. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2022/07/21/msg139935.html