re: savecore weirdness

> I've tried overwriting the first 100MB of the 'dp' entry in my fstab
> with zeroes in the hope of getting rid of the crashdump, but that
> didn't help either. How can I get rid of the crashdump so savecore
> doesn't try again to write it out?

martin answered this, but to answer differently, the core dump
is stored at the *end* of the dump partition, so clearing it is
kind of annoying -- you have to work out "dumplo", and then
count backwards from the end, etc.

the purpose is that swap starts at the start, and dumps are at
the end, so, if savecore needs to swap, it hopefully won't
overwrite the not-yet-read dump data.

.mrg.