Re: 9.99.98: spontaneous reboots

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 11:04:03PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I've been running a 9.99.97 kernel from June 1 and it was stable,
> including bulk builds. Today I upgraded to 9.99.98 and started a fresh
> bulk build, and it rebooted after a couple hours, nothing in dmesg or
> syslog, no crashdump.
>
> I restarted the bulk build and it rebooted again after about 5 minutes
> and one finished package. I think it was building nodejs and
> webkit-gtk at the time (and some third package I don't know).
>
> Has anyone else seen stability issues with today's current?

Thanks for the feedback.

I think you were lucky :) or we have different hardware.

I've tried bulk building with 98 for a third time and had a reboot
shortly afterwards. Going back to 97 from June 1, I could finish a
bulk build.

I've locally backed out the uvm changes from early June and will
report back if that brought back stability.
 Thomas