Re: crash at MegaRAID SAS 9341-8i kern/56669

Uwe at 6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de was looking for an update to kern/56669.

Unfortunately, I do not have an update, but I may have an issue that is related to it
concerning a mfi0: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-8i version 23.34.0-0005 in a server
that has run for the past 4 years on 8.x moving to 9.x last year.

While the system was running fine it recently has developed a problem where
NetBSD will get to a point in the boot / system initialization where the mfi0 driver
hangs with:

mfi0: workqueue busy: updates stopped

At this point, the system looks to be hung.

When attempting to boot any old kernel or installer kernels which happen to be
located on / from a boot prompt, the system will get to this state whether or not
-s is used, but you can at least see the root file system from /

In my configuration there are two RAIDs, the MegaRAID controller the root RAID
state is Optimal while the larger RAID state is Optimal but 'Ongoing Progresses
Check Consistency" is Completed 13%.

If there is any progress on kern/56669 I am able to PXE boot test kernels. As
of now, I am unable to boot the machine, but it does seem that the RAIDs are
intact.