Re: Steinberg UR44 uaudio device

On Thu, 9 Jun 2022 at 17:43:02 +0200, Eivind Nicolay Evensen wrote:
> > On 6/8/22 16:50, Eivind Nicolay Evensen wrote:
> > > If I read that right, Martin's guess that this is a v2 device is
> > > right.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you compile the kernel with "options USB_DEBUG", there will be a
> > "sysctl hw.usb.uaudio.debug=16", which will print this in dmesg.
>

> So then, this confirms it it seems:
[...]

To add to what others have said, a general rule as I've understood it
is that if a device offers > 24/96 for ADC/DAC, it will be expecting
USB Audio 2.0, at least for processing at those higher rates. Some
devices are switchable between 1.0 and 2.0; some actually have a
physical switch to select which USB Audio class should be used. I've
never seen a UR44, much less operated one, but a glance at the manual
refers to a switch on the rear labelled "CC Mode". This is for "Class
Compliant" mode, which implies it will work with generic OS drivers.
Have you tried flipping that switch to "on"? (The manual is a bit light
on specific technical details.)

Regards,

Dave