Re: Steinberg UR44 uaudio device

Den Fri, 3 Jun 2022 14:04:45 +0200
skrev Hans Petter Selasky <hps%selasky.org@localhost>:

> On 6/3/22 12:57, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > It is most likely a uaudio v2 device (not suprising for
> > 32bit/192kHz). Unfortunately NetBSD currently does not support that
> > audio class. It is not hard to add support, just needs someone with
> > some time to do it;-)
>
> FreeBSD has had support for USB audio v2 for some time now.
>
> --HPS

Thanks, that is interesting to know. I haven't upgraded my FreeBSD
machine past 11.3. When plugging the unit into that, it was only
recognised as ugen. Perhaps I finally have a reason to upgrade it,
if only just for comparison. And it seems the driver has shared
some bits before, in the small chance I figure out what needs
doing in there.

--
Eivind Nicolay Evensen