re: WDCTL_RST failed for drive 0 / wd0: IDENTIFY failed (SATA autodetection issue after installation)

[ .. ]
> install 9.99.96 in a Virtual Machine (on Linux using KVM) I noticed that
> after installing to a qcow2 disk any attempt to boot the disk results in
> not being about to find the boot device.  However, the boot log shows

was this between 2022-05-08 and 2022-05-22?  i accidentally
broke some types of bootable images that Jared fixed, and
i think this error matches the failure seen.

.mrg.

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2022/05/08/msg138416.html
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2022/05/22/msg138783.html