Re: Radeon HD 5450?

    Date:        Wed, 11 May 2022 18:48:16 +0200
    From:        Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost>

  | I have one of those too in my "new" machine, and I also noticed that
  | when I booted in UEFI mode, it didn't work properly; but it has been a
  | while, I don't remember exactly what the issue was.  I'm booting in
  | "BIOS mode" and with that it works fine.

I have that issue with my laptop's Intel graphics.  Works fine
with a legacy BIOS boot, not at all with an EFI boot.  This
predates the DRM update from December, it is an old issue.

My suspicion when I first saw this was that in legacy mode
the BIOS is doing some console graphics init (and leaving it
that way) which NetBSD is depending upon, which at least
some firmware either does not do at all, or undoes, or
fails to pass along to the OS, or similar, in EFI mode.

When I first saw this (ages ago), I tried adding all the
PCI FIXUP options to the kernel, those did not help.

kre