Re: Configure Serial Adapter

On 2022/05/11 20:36, Robert Nestor wrote:
First, I was mistaken about this Prolific PL2303 USB Serial Adapter cable being a null modem.  It’s just a straight turn cable but I have a null modem dongle attached to it on the DB-9 end.

As for the USB port on the system it’s attached to, this port has been used for various other devices (disks, geek sticks, weather station) without any issues.  Rebooting the system with and without the DB-9 end connected always gives the same NOMEM results though.

Your device seems to be supported by OpenBSD's uplcom(4).

Probably, this commit does trick:

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/usb/uplcom.c#rev1.76

See also this one:

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/usb/uplcom.c#rev1.78

Alternatively, you can buy a well-supported product. I'm using one from
CableCreation with uftdi(4) driver. This is sold worldwide, e.g.:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075YHFMC7

Thanks,
rin