Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 14:09:03 +0200
From: J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%mailbox.org@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
Subject: [Extern] Re: reproducible kernel crash with quota

On 21. Apr 2022, at 00:36, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 22:19:30 +0200
From: J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%mailbox.org@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 11:07:48 +0200
From: J. Hannken-Illjes <hannken%mailbox.org@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: current-users%netbsd.org@localhost, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
On 19. Apr 2022, at 08:38, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
<snip>
Please try again with both diffs applied.

I tested with both patches. If I just enable querquota it seems to work. If you also activate groupquota, the kernel crashes:

output:

/etc/rc.d/quota restart
Checking quotas:quotacheck: creating quota file //quota.group

You have root (/) with quota?  What exactly do you have in /etc/fstab?

cat /etc/fstab
# NetBSD /etc/fstab
# See /usr/share/examples/fstab/ for more examples.
NAME=179d5ca2-7f26-476b-b544-823bd1849816               /       ffs rw,userquota,groupquota          1 1

I'm confused.  With "/dev/ld0a / ffs rw,userquota,groupquota 1 1"
in /etc/fstab and both patches applied I get:

	$ /etc/rc.d/quota restart
	Checking quotas: done.

No line "creating quota file ..."

--