Installing bootx64.efi on NetBSD current?

I installed NetBSD current from late March by net booting netbsd-INSTALL.gz on and amd64 system of mine. The net boot and disk boot were both done with UEFI and sysinst correctly offered to create GPT filesystems for me.

Even though the FAT system partition was created correctly, bootx64.efi didn't get installed in it. The directories were there, just not the bootable file.

Is that supposed to happen? I don't think that's supposed to happen.

If someone wants to point me at a likely place in the source code, I'm happy to have a go at fixing this.

Cheers,
Lloyd