Re: HEADS UP: Merging drm update (Lenovo X230 mode switch issue in UEFI mode only, BIOS works)

On Fri 31 Dec 2021 at 11:30:32 +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> - When I boot current in UEFI mode, after the mode switch it only displays a
> blank screen with a white background. After that, within a few seconds, a
> kind of randomly structured dark spot develops from the center of the
> screen, which then stretches to the edge of the screen [1].

I think I have seen that sort of effect in the past when playing with
various sleep modes of my laptop. It may be that the display (or some
display-related thing) is powered off and decaying.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto