Re: Help with libcurses and lynx under NetBSD-9 and -current?

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, Brian Buhrow wrote:

	hello.  Okay.  I tried -nocolor with lynx + ncurses.  It works fine and doesn't
demonstrate the same problem.

My mistake, then. I thought you wanted pop-up selections to be highlighted
and not just indicated with the cursor. `-show_cursor' works on ncurses;
does not on curses (the cursor stays at the bottom).

This is a different problem -- the select choices in the pop-up
window are not rendered at all, it's not that they're rendered in a transparent color, they're
just not there.

Not seeing this with the 9.2 lynx and window packages on 9.2_STABLE or
9.99.88. With the custom .lss file, the pop-up selection is shown in
reverse video, but the cursor is not shown, and neither is the pop-up
border.

Without the .lss file, items are shown in the pop-up list, but there's
no indication (with curses) as to which entry one is on as the cursor
stays at the bottom.

You can get an ASCII pop-up list border if you set:

$ fgrep character_set=~/.lynxrc
character_set=UNICODE (UTF-8)

but, that may cause issues rendering webpages.

And, selected item highlight you can get with the custon .lss

Good to know about the color issue, though.

So the custon .lss file does highlight the current selection?

-RVP