Re: HP DL380p Gen8 interrupt storm

> Try booting with the CD drive disabled (via userconf)

with "disable cd*", basically no change:

stest: {5} vmstat -i
interrupt          total   rate
TLB shootdown       1693     28
cpu0 timer          5716     95
msix2 vec 0         1465     24
msix6 vec 0         2438     40
ioapic0 pin 21        45      0
ioapic0 pin 20        52      0
ioapic0 pin 17  10888895 181481
ioapic0 pin 4       1136     18
Total           10901440 181690

stest: {6}

With "disable pciide*" as well, well, gone:

stest: {1} vmstat -i
interrupt       total rate
TLB shootdown    1736   27
cpu0 timer       6120   95
msix2 vec 0      2168   33
msix6 vec 0      2559   39
ioapic0 pin 21     44    0
ioapic0 pin 20     83    1
ioapic0 pin 4    1153   18
Total           13863  216

stest: {2}

Seems disk I/O is quite a bit snappier now.

Looks like a custom kernel is in the cards for this one.

(I had to sneak in "-c" via /boot.cfg, because the second-stage
boot loader didn't want to listen to my serial console input,
while the first-stage boot selector did...)

As for the actual root cause: input sought.

Thanks,

- Håvard