Re: ZFS quota performance issues?

riz%NetBSD.org@localhost writes:

> Sorry if this has already been discussed-
>
> I've been using ZFS on current happily for a few weeks now, and apart
> from a little weirdness setting it up (wedge changing out from under me;
> I think I've got that sorted now) it's been performing well.
>

> However, I just put a quota on a filesystem I created, and any access
> (ls, etc) to that file system causes the process to hang in zfscv for
> many seconds.  The operation eventually completes, but it doesn't seem
> to be a caching issue, because another ls on the same directory makes it
> happen reliably.  When I remove the quota, all is well.
>

> Known issue?  Should I pr?  This is in 9.99.87 circa end of July...
>
> +j

Could you be specific by what you mean by "quota"?  Just to be clear
about it all...  I use a number of filesystems that have the quota
attribute (zfs get quota / zfs set quota=something <foo>) set and do not
observe this.  However, there are user quotas too and I don't use them.
I also am using ZFS with 9.x mostly and not -current.  The latest build
I have is 9.99.74 and also does not appear to have this problem.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org