Re: build.sh live-image [virtio disk hang]

On Mon 31 May 2021 at 13:22:50 +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> However when extracting the pkgsrc tar file, it hung on disk I/O.
> When I retried, the same happened.
> After that, even the fsck got blocked on disk I/O.

I re-tried the same thing (almost the same thing; the partition was
smaller) with an amd64/9.2 install in an OpenStack VM: extracting the
pkgsrc tar file using sysinst. It hung before finishing.

So there is either some general disk I/O problem, or it is specific to
virtio disks (which seems more likely, so far).

I could get the libvirt xml description and/or the qemu command line, in
case it would provide useful. I did post the dmesg from the -current
kernel elsewhere in the thread.

-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl