Re: bluetooth ubt0

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021, Ryo ONODERA wrote:

> Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> writes:
>
> > A first foray into bluetooth on this amd64 laptop gives me:
> >
> > ubt0: Intel (0x8087) product 0aaa (0x0aaa), rev 2.00/0.02, addr 4
> > ubt0: autoconfiguration error: CommandComplete opcode (003|0003) failed (status=
> > 0x01)

btw this is a 'RESET' command sent to the adapter as the first thing when
the device is marked up.

> > and after a btconfig ubt0 up, btconfig shows
> >
> > ubt0: bdaddr 00:00:00:00:00:00 flags 0x2e0<INIT_BDADDR,INIT_BUFFER_SIZE,INIT_FEA
> > TURES,INIT_COMMANDS>
> >
> > which doesn't look like a valid address. (Bluetooth is "on", at least
> > according to OtherOS)

the meaning of the INIT_ flags is that they are set and then when the
RESET command is completed, we issue other commands and clear those flags
when they have completed. because the RESET did not complete, they are
still pending but I guess will not be issued.

> > Any thoughts on how to get it going?
>
> I have no idea about VID/PID=0x8087/0x0aaa.
> However newer ubt devices from Intel requires firmware loading.
>
> My VID/PID=0x8087/0x0026 requires its firmware and
> I have gotten same
> ubt0: autoconfiguration error: CommandComplete opcode (003|0003) failed (status=0x01)
> after btconfig ubt0 up.

Do you have a reference for this?  We have nothing to handle any such
firmware loading that I know of; there is sysutils/bcmfw to do that for
Broadcom devices (but, they can operate as a Bluetooth device by default
just better with newer firmware)

iain