Re: pkgsrc build hang of python38

On 2/03/21 6:51 am, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
I thouht your cited entropy fix was a "once time" not to be reissued
again (when? at every reboot? kernel update?)

I don't think it is that user friendly to recularly "feed" this
entropy... and it gets lost at the next reboot? Could we have a script
on boot?

The entropy is preserved across reboot by the shutdown hooks, so you normally only need to do this once. If you have the bad habit (like I do) of rebooting some systems with the "reboot" command instead of "shutdown -r", then your entropy will not be preserved. Once I setup some entropy and started using "shutdown -r" everything worked fine.

Cheers,
Lloyd