Re: extra files in DESTDIR

Bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> I've been getting this (and worse) for a while, and just living with it:
>
> =======  1 extra files in DESTDIR  =========
> Files in DESTDIR but missing from flist.
> File is obsolete or flist is out of date ?
> ./usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
> =========  end of 1 extra files  ===========

You didn't specify:

  do you really mean -current
  what date did you update
  what arch are you building for
  what was the build host
  what was your build.sh line

> It *was* worse when I had errant cvs tags in effect, and so part
> of the tree was updated differently than the rest, but thats sorted
> out now.

Do you mean that you did "cvs up -dP" and got no output?  (Or at least
only P/U and not M?)

It might be good to rm -rf your objdir and destdir and see if this
presents on a fresh build.

> This particular extra file is a troublesome long-running issue for
> me though -- I've ignored it until now, but I'm trying to build a
> release to update a remote machine and this is sticking point.
> Deleting the file doesn't work - it will re-appear. What do I need
> to look at or do to solve this?

I have a netbsd-9 system on which I built current for amd64.  My destdir
has

> ls -l /usr/obj/gdt-current/destdir/amd64/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
lrwxr-xr-x  1 gdt  wheel  18 Oct 18 00:01 /usr/obj/gdt-current/destdir/amd64/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so -> /libexec/ld.elf_so

starting from src/distrib, I find

./lists/base/md.amd64:./libexec/ld.elf_so-i386                  base-sys-shlib          compat,pic
./lists/base/md.amd64:./usr/libexec/ld.elf_so-i386                      base-sys-shlib          compat,pic

so things look fine to me.