Re: serial console

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021, Darrin B. Jewell wrote:

I honestly hope this isn't related to your problem, but I did make a
change to the amd64 cdrom building recently that is in this area
and may be the issue.

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2021/02/06/msg126676.html

Has something changed recently in the land of serial consoles?
After getting access to the building(!), it seems I now need to add
consdev com0,115200 to each menu item in boot.cfg. (Putting it
on a line on its own seems insufficient - is that a bug?)

This completely slipped my mind, but, it's been an issue for some
time now. Other commands, like `gop' and `rndfile' which could be
put into their own lines in 9.x now need to go into the menu entry
lines for them to have any effect.

-RVP