Re: acpi panic on Dell Optiplex 760 (i82Q45 chip set)

On Sun, 27 Dec 2020, John D. Baker wrote:

> There are a couple of other machines I can check without much trouble.

A HP/Compaq ProLiant ML310g4, an IBM System X 3650, and an HP Pavilion
desktop all have no trouble with the new ACPI.

(For completeness, an HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop still hangs when attaching
acpi0--just as it has done ever since it became available to me for
testing.  With ACPI disabled, it then gets stuck after detecting the
CD-ROM drive and requires a touch of the power switch to make it continue
booting unless multiprocessor is also disabled.)

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD