Re: [HEADS UP] pkgsrc default database directory changed

On Sat, 5 Dec 2020 at 14:15, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 11:28:41AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > The new default for the pkgsrc database (which contains information
> > about all installed packages) in pkgsrc-HEAD has changed from
> > /var/db/pkg to ${PREFIX}/pkgdb (so usually /usr/pkg/pkgdb).
>
> martin@ just pointed out to me that I had overlooked
> /var/db/pkg.refcount (to path to which defaults to
> ${PKG_DBDIR}.refcount, so it also moved).
>
> So the complete instructions as of now are:
>
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
> make USE_CWRAPPERS=no install
> cd /usr/pkg/sbin && install -c pkg_add pkg_admin pkg_create pkg_delete pkg_info /usr/sbin/
> mv /var/db/pkg /usr/pkg/pkgdb
> mv /var/db/pkg.refcount /usr/pkg/pkgdb.refcount

Can we add a shell script to pkgsrc which would do this (potentially
with any necessary sanity checks), particularly as if the procedure
ends up being tweaked again the script will just do the right thing
rather than people having to hope they have the latest version of the
list of commands.

Thanks

David