Re: How to fall back to PIO for IDE CD's?

Hi,

> It seems to depend on the medium and readability.

That's interesting.  I've only tried with audio CD's and commercial DVD's.

> I can read a DVD+R just fine, but a real data CD (not CDR) fails with:

> and a commercial (movie) DVD
>
> fails similarily:
>
> aceride0:1:0: lost interrupt
> aceride0:1:0: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=0x21

> Sounds more like bugs in the aceride driver to me (or missing workarounds for
> chip bugs), and that is where I would put hacks like "do not use dma for CD
> like drives" too.

If I recall correctly, we've had problems reading CD's and DVD's on aceride
starting with V100's.  It probably is a problem in the driver.  In the past,
I'd looked at the FreeBSD and Linux drivers, and made some local changes.
However, they didn't fix things for me, so I didn't commit.

I'll have another look and see what I can find.  I'll look for some other
media types too.

Regards,

Julian