Re: sponsor NetBSD for 2020 https://github.com/sponsors/NetBSD

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 12:31:26 +0100
Matthias Petermann <mp%petermann-it.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hallo Matthew,
>
> Am 10.11.2020 um 05:35 schrieb matthew sporleder:
> > Hey -- the end of the year is coming up fast.  Wouldn't you feel
> > better about yourself if you added a github sponsorship to balance
> > out your incredible year? :)
> How does this type of donation compare to a Paypal Monthly
> Subscription? Is it just a different way of transport, or are there
> advantages / disadvantages to Paypal?
>
> Kind regards
> Matthias

It looks to me like github sponsorship is geared towards small
developers who don't have their own project web page, with
payment submission links, etc. The irritating thing about github is
that they don't allow you to submit bug reports or donations unless you
setup an account on their platform. Last thing I want to do is to create
various social media accounts on competing platform - GitHub, GitLab,
SourceForge, Bitbucket, GNU Savannah, ... and the list goes on. Life is
too short for that nonsense. Luckily NetBSD accept bug reports and
donations on their official web site, and you don't have to sign up for
anything.