Re: benchmark results on ryzen 3950x with netbsd-9, -current, and -current (no DIAGNOSTIC)

On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 06:12:34PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> this is an update on my previous testing.  i've excluded
> amd64 release builds from this set, takes too long ;)

Indeed remarkable! I assume you build the same source tree on the various
versions? Did you use the benchmarking stuff that was done on the SoC or did
you do it `manually' ;)

I am curious as to what is AMD64 specific ie how the speeds are comparing on
say a big Sparc64 or an beefy AArch64 system in the cloud. My guess is that
less memory is going to haunt them since harddiscs and the like are going to
hinder good performance more than code enhancements.

Thanks a lot for testing!

Reinoud