Re: Etherip(4) interoperability with NetBSD-9?

buhrow%nfbcal.org@localhost (Brian Buhrow) writes:

>1.  I don't remember if the networking stack in NetBSD-9 is multi-threaded
>or not.  Can someone say how much concurrency is available in the NetBSD-9
>stack?

The socket part of the stack runs concurrently also in older NetBSD versions,
the upper part is still running under a global lock unless you build a kernel with option NET_MPSAFE. That is experimental and probably not suited yet for
a production environment.

>2.  Is there a way to get the NetBSD-9 stack to speak to NetBSD-5.2 using
>the etherip(4) protocol without having to update the NetBSD-5.2 machines?

No idea about etherip. But you could probably do something similar with
just gre(4) or openvpn in bridge mode.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost