GCC build failure issues

hi folks.

in a test that didn't change the contents of the tree, but
did change the timestamps, we're hitting cases where
gengtype-lex.c is newer than gengtype-lex.l, and the build
tries to write the updated .c file back into the (possibly
r/o) source tree.

to work around this and to follow our general process for
these files, i've deleted the .c file so we always build
it now.  this may cause failures with update builds as
the old source is missing and .depend will reference it.

clean the objdirs if you see this, it should clear up.

.mrg.