Re: Daily packages for NetBSD/amd64 current

> I was going to choose 9.0, but I saw that mef@ was already producing
> regular bulk builds on that for pkgsrc-current available here:

>   https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/9.0_current/

> so went with NetBSD-current instead, though it's quite unreliable so I
> may revisit that choice if every bulk build requires manual
> intervention and restarts.

> Jonathan Perkin  -  Joyent, Inc.  -  www.joyent.com

What is "quite unreliable"?  Do you mean the NetBSD-current base system, or do you mean the ABI that might not hold still, thereby breaking packages following a base-system upgrade?

I need to upgrade my NetBSD 8.99.51 system, lean toward current rather than releng 9.

In my situation, I will have to rebuild/reinstall all or nearly all packages, even more so if I switch from modular Xorg to native Xorg.

There is also the problem of transition from Python 2.7 to 3.x, which has been posing complications not limited to NetBSD.

Tom