Re: VIA Padlock on AMD64

> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 00:35:19 +0300
> From: Andrius V <vezhlys%gmail.com@localhost>
>
> > > Cool!  Is it reproducible?  You can trigger reading from the RNG with:
> > >
> > > sysctl kern.entropy.gather=1
>
> Tested, no messages are triggered for amd64, but sysctl
> kern.entropy.gather value is always 0:
> sysctl -w kern.entropy.gather=1
> kern.entropy.gather: 0 -> 1
>
> For i386, same, no messages, but kern.entropy.gather always has
> changing negative numbers.

kern.entropy.gather is just a trigger that you can write to in order
to cause an effect; the number read out of it is meaningless.

I committed a change to fix the interpretation of the status code
returned according to the documentation:

https://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2020/07/25/msg119718.html

Let me know if you see the symptom again!

(I should maybe do some more diagnostic tests on real hardware to
verify how it behaves in case the code was mostly right before and the
documentation is wrong.)