Re: is this crash while coredumping known? (forget the link to NFS)

At Sat, 11 Jul 2020 23:29:05 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: is this crash while coredumping known? (forget the link to NFS)

> So it doesn't seem like this crash has anything to do with NFS after all.

This crash is ongoing for me.

I'll be away for a couple of weeks, then possibly too busy for a few
more weeks, but I hope to update to the very most recent -current in the
near future.  Perhaps it's fixed in more recent sources than what I'm
running, but I'm now also wondering about the path through mount_null
mountpoints.

In the mean time I wonder if anyone might try to reproduce this,
particularly with mount_null mountpoints in place.  Since various
packages have configure tests that dump core it's not long before the
crash occurs when building lots of packages.

FYI my sandboxctl.conf file is as follows, with /build being one big
filesystem and with the various pkgsrc vars pointing at /var/package*
places, and with /more being an NFS server with pkgsrc sources (I was
quite surprised I had to add /usr/X11R7 with netbsd-native):

#!/bin/sh

SANDBOX_TYPE=netbsd-native
SANDBOX_ROOT=/build/sandbox/pkgbuild
NETBSD_NATIVE_RELEASEDIR=/build/woods/xentastic/current-amd64-release/amd64

post_mount_hook ()
{
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/X11R7
	sandbox_bindfs -o ro /usr/X11R7 ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/X11R7

	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/src
	sandbox_bindfs -o ro /build/src-current ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/src
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/xsrc
	sandbox_bindfs -o ro /build/xsrc-current ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/xsrc
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/pkgsrc
	sandbox_bindfs -o ro /more/work/woods/m-NetBSD-pkgsrc-current ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/pkgsrc

	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/pkg
	sandbox_bindfs -o rw /build/package-pkgbuild ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/usr/pkg

	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/package-distfiles
	sandbox_bindfs -o rw /build/package-distfiles ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/package-distfiles
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/package-obj
	sandbox_bindfs -o rw /build/package-obj ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/package-obj
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/packages
	sandbox_bindfs -o rw /build/packages ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/var/packages

	# xxx to make it easier to source .kshrc
	mkdir -p ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/home
	sandbox_bindfs -o ro /more/home ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/home

	ln -fs /usr/src/etc/mk.conf ${SANDBOX_ROOT}/etc/mk.conf
}

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>