Re: NetBSD-7.0 boots OK and NetBSD-8.0 hangs/crashes during boot on a MacBook7,1

On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 07:55:29AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	hello.  In my case, there are times when I want a serial console, for
> set up or troubleshooting, but cannot use the built-in display for various
> reasons.  So, I think it would be useful in more situations than might
> first appear.  Yes, it wouldn't give you DDB on that console, but for
> environments where the kernel loads and runs, it would give you access to
> everything else over a serial port.

Stupid question: are there now actually x86 boards that do *not* have a real
serial on-board? I have not seen any so far (none of the new ones come with
an external connector of course, but they can be added easily unless it is
a notebook).

Martin