Re: atexit(), dlclose() and more atexit()

On 28.06.2020 23:29, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> It is fundamentally wrong to use a handler in a library that can be
> unloaded. Some systems hack around that problem by looping over all
> atexit handlers on dlclose, but that's exactly that, a costly hack. The
> most common way this triggers is a segfault, actually.

The world disagrees and NetBSD is different for no good reason.

We shall add support for this.

On 28.06.2020 23:29, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> The code should be using either a C dtor with the appropiate attribute
> or __cxa_atexit directly, but the former is preferable.

This replacement forces to use a hack with a GCC extension (destructor
attribute) instead of C complaint code.

__cxa_atexit is a C++ thing so another hack for our atexit(3).