Re: Weird vnodes use count

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:59:56 +0200
"J. Hannken-Illjes" <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> wrote:

> > On 18. Jun 2020, at 11:20, Lars Reichardt <lars%paradoxon.info@localhost>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > currently I see these use counts on NetBSD current (amd64):
> >
> > 190698 active vnodes
> > *** MOUNT ffs /dev/sd0a on / (log,local,root file system)
> > ADDR             TYP VFLAG  USE HOLD TAG NPAGE FILEID IFLAG RDEV|SZ
> > ffff957a316fd4c0 dir    RM -2147483630 1 1   0      2     -     512
> >

> This is the result of an embedded flag bit:
> -2147483630 == 0x80000012 -> (loaded, usecount 18).
>
> Andrew, could this become a problem for the pagedaemon?

> --
> J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig

Right I've seen the change in the mean time, so at least pstat needs
adjusting.
After rebooting the machine does not show the behavior unlike the last
two reboots.

I'll try to reproduce that error.
It seems some what like PR 54036 maybe something about the initial
state of the pagedaemon, not having scanned any anons seems wrong.

Lars

--
You will continue to suffer
if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.

--- Bruce Lee