unable to boot NetBSD-9.99.64-amd64-install.img on a MacBook7,1

At Tue, 09 Jun 2020 21:02:08 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: unable to boot amd64-uefi-install from USB stick on a MacBook2,1

> Now I end up with sometimes a hang after it prints a bunch of addresses
> in a mem[] array, but other times it loads the kernel and displays some
> normal boot messages.

It seems as if the boot loader isn't initialising something properly.

If I boot rEFIt first, then the NetBSD Boot loader boots and runs A-OK.

If I power down and try booting the NetBSD boot loader first, then it
displays a whole bunch of address ranges in a "mem[]" array and hangs.
I can take a photo of this if anyone's interested.

However as of yet I've been unable to get the kernel to set the video
mode correctly.

Most interestingly if I do some playing at the boot prompt first such
that there is lots of white text in the small centre area, then try to
boot, the lines of green dots overwrite the top about 1/3 of the screen
leaving the lower portion of the white boot loader text still visible:

    http://www.planix.ca/~woods/macbookpro-netbsd-boot-fail.jpg

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>